AN AUSSIE APPLE A DAY
- A good source of antioxidants, apples are the super convenient superfood.
- Apples have the highest antioxidant content of Australia’s most popular fruits.
- An apple has more antioxidants than half a punnet of blueberries, or a cup of strawberries, or two cups of tea, or three oranges, or a cup of grapes, or eight bananas!
- Apples are a good source of several B group vitamin and vitamin C and have a low glycaemic index (GI).
- Apples contain no fat, cholesterol or salt.
- Apples are a great source of dietary fibre - more than many leading breakfast cereals without the added salt and sugar.
APPLE SELECTION & STORAGE
- Choose apples with firm, smooth skin.
- Keep your apples crisp by storing them in the fridge.
- The Aussie Apple-picking season runs from February to June.
- Between harvests, growers store apples using sophisticated refrigeration to control the atmosphere and slow ripening.
- Good storage means that you can enjoy the taste and health benefits of apples all year round.
January 13, 2018
Feeling worn out and sluggish after the festive season? Get your year on the healthy track with these tips.Read More...
January 12, 2018
We know it's good for your heart, but did you know it's also good for your skin?Read More...
December 04, 2017
New research shows that if every Australian adds 2-3 serves of high fibre grain foods it could save billions a year.Watch