My podcast chat on my fellow celt, pal & colleague Paul Taylor, founder of the Mind Body Brain Performance Institute.
You can listen here, on Paul's website or from wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Host Paul Taylor, a Neuroscientist, Exercise Physiologist, Nutritionist and PhD student in Psychology, interviews experts from around the world on cutting edge research and practices related to improving your mind, body and brain to become your best self.
Here's what we discuss:
- Why nutritional recommendations change 3:46
- The diet wars 5:35
- The pro's and cons of a Paleo diet 7:55
- What the science says about dairy foods 17:45
- What the science says about meat 21:23
- The Game Changers documentary 27:06
- The benefits of plant foods 33:56
- Anti-oxidants and hormetic polyphenols 37:29
- Real food vs nutrients, supplements 39:29
- Some downsides of a vegan diet 41:40
- The risks of vegan diets in kids 47:30
- The microbiome: your super-ecosystem 58:13
- The social aspects of food 1:17:36
- Joanna's & Paul's treat foods and supplements 1:18:38