AN AUSSIE APPLE A DAY
- A good source of antioxidants, apples are the super convenient superfood.
- Apples have the highest antioxidant content of Australia’s most popular fruits.
- An apple has more antioxidants than half a punnet of blueberries, or a cup of strawberries, or two cups of tea, or three oranges, or a cup of grapes, or eight bananas!
- Apples are a good source of several B group vitamin and vitamin C and have a low glycaemic index (GI).
- Apples contain no fat, cholesterol or salt.
- Apples are a great source of dietary fibre - more than many leading breakfast cereals without the added salt and sugar.
APPLE SELECTION & STORAGE
- Choose apples with firm, smooth skin.
- Keep your apples crisp by storing them in the fridge.
- The Aussie Apple-picking season runs from February to June.
- Between harvests, growers store apples using sophisticated refrigeration to control the atmosphere and slow ripening.
- Good storage means that you can enjoy the taste and health benefits of apples all year round.
July 19, 2017
One of my recipes I created using the Philips Noodle and Pasta Maker. This is probably my most fun kitchen appliance!Watch
July 17, 2017
Learn more about Dr Joanna's approach, lifestyle medicine and the power to influence your own health.Watch
July 11, 2017
I'm always looking for appliances that help us create nutritious, tasty meals for family. This one hits the mark big time!Watch